Improve your irrigation options with a solar water pump
Relying on the heavens for agriculture can be a high-risk venture, particularly with our current rainfall patterns. Irrigated agriculture is twice as productive as rain-fed agriculture, but many farmers do not have access to irrigation infrastructure, including a nearby water source and power to move the water to where it needs to be.
Solar-powered water pumping has the potential to increase incomes dramatically for just about any agricultural business, including crop production and livestock.
How it works
A group of solar panels (also knows as solar arrays) can power a submersible water pump, which in turn pumps water into a water storage tank and/or irrigation line. If battery storage is added, you can store the electricity produced during the day or when it’s cloudy, which eliminates any need for expensive fuels or grid powered electricity.
What are the benefits of using a solar water pump?
- Solar irrigation can increase incomes dramatically
- Pump irrigation reduces labor for water delivery
- Reduction in CO2 emissions
- No reliance on electrical grid
- Reduction in costs for expensive fuels such as diesel
- Low maintenance system
- Easy performance monitoring
- Access surface or bore water